domingo, 17 de enero de 2021

ARTS - Painting - Nancy Reyna

 


The Art

I take photos of nature everywhere I go, always finding wonderful reasons for painting. Later, I look for colors, shapes, light and shadows to select the ones I want to use for painting in my home studio.

After drawing the main shapes on paper, I add pigments, sometimes pre-wetting the paper. Working on large shapes first, from light to dark, and around the light areas, I layer the colors, letting each one dry before the next goes on.

The colors in the shadows create the shapes and make the light parts glow. A variety of techniques, such as wet-in-wet, dry brush, and spattering create the textures that I want.


The Artist

I grew up in Venezuela, surrounded by its lush, tropical world. I’ve lived in Miami since 1982, and the pull of patterns in light and shadow, vibrant colors and shapes has followed me throughout my life.

I started painting in 1997, after my husband died, and friends encouraged me to take a watercolor class. Retiring from twenty-five years of teaching at the primary and college levels, I put all my energy into painting, and created my “Second Act”.

Continually growing in new directions in order to develop my business, I can be found online, as well as at art festivals. I like to inspire others to experience the peace, beauty and joy that are always around us.

www.nancyreyna.com          nreynapainter@gmail.com         (786)592-0211


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Son bienvenidos a dejar un mensaje que transmita alguna actitud favorable en su ser

MUSICA - Serie de Directores Venezolanos - Juan Carlos Núñez 4 / 7

  MUSICA  Serie de Directores Venezolanos                                  Juan Carlos Núñez                                                ...